“A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education” – Theodore Roosevelt
Book of Proverbs in Bible
The 26th president of the United States was not exaggerating when he said that amazing quote. The Bible has a plethora of wisdom that is necessary to apply to our lives. The book of Proverbs is one those life changing books in the Bible that gives the reader a huge collection of epigrams to follow on the intense journey to success and overall happiness. The writer is credited to be the wisest person to ever live, King Solomon of Israel. He wrote an incredible 3,000 proverbs in his lifetime.
So in this post, I share with you 20 of my favorite verses from Proverbs. I encourage you to read the book for yourself. Then, you can pick key verses to memorize and live by. This helps you not become discouraged and quit on the tough road to success.
1. Verse 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction. (This verse is awesome because it shows that the know-it-alls fail permanently because of their lack of striving to obtain knowledge. Those with student mentalities win and ultimately succeed because they are adaptive to the environment and willing to listen)
2. 1:19 Such are the ways of everyone who is greedy for unjust gain; it takes away the life of its possessors.
3. 3:7 Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD, and turn away form evil.
4. 3:30 Do not contend with a man for no reason when he has done you no harm. (A lot of times we look for drama or look for some argument to get into. This insightful verse tells us to flee from this flaw, there is plenty of it on T.V.)
5. 5:3 For the lips of a forbidden woman drip honey, and her speech is smoother than oil.
6. 8:11 For wisdom is better than jewels, and knowledge rather than choice gold. (Like YouTuber, Tai Lopez, said in the video below, even more important than his Lamborghini are his books that gave him the ability to buy it)
7. 10:1 The proverbs of Solomon. A wise son makes a glad father, but a foolish son is a sorrow to his mother.
8. 10:4 A slack hand causes poverty, but the hand of the diligent makes rich.
9. 10:12 Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses.
10. 11:24 One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want.
11. 12:4 An excellent wife is the crown of her husband, but she who brings shame is like rottenness in his bones.
12. 13:20 Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm. (In order to be successful, we must surround ourselves with like-minded people to help us along the road. There is a saying that goes, “Look around you! If you are the smartest person in your company, you are with the wrong company.”)
13. 15:1 A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
14. 22:1 A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches, and favor is better than silver or gold.
15. 25:19 Trusting in a treacherous man in time of trouble is like a bad tooth or a foot that slips.
16. 26:14 As a door turns on its hinges, so does a sluggard on his bed. (The lazy and procrastinator never obtain success because they never take the action required to do so)
17. 26:27 Whoever digs a pit will fall into it, and a stone will come back on him who starts it rolling.
18. 27:19 As in water face reflects face, so the heart of man reflects the man. (The talented Michael Jackson made a wonderful song called “Man In the Mirror.” He encourages, “If you wanna make the world a better place/ Take a look at yourself, and then make a change.” It all starts with you)
19. 28:13 Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy. (Basically, the truth will set you free. Anytime, I messed up and thought a lie would release me from less trouble, I told the truth instead and it turned out to be for the better)
20. 31:30 Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Today’s Question: What’s your favorite verse in Proverbs? (Comment below and let us know!)
If you found this post helpful then please don’t forget to share and help others!!!
Also, don’t forget your free eBook!!